Knee support - a helping device?

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

golfnut

Knee support - a helping device?

Post by golfnut »

Hello all,
A long time ago I was taught that if your knee's are acting up, you can put a strip of medical tape just below the kneecap, on the skin, not hard or stretched. Just a strip on the skin - and the brain and the knee will feel supported as if in serious bandage. (and yes, it works!)

Now I've heard of a suggestion that knee supports might also help us with OT. Perhaps a similar kind of "placebo effect" - telling the brain that the knees are stable and not wobbly or shaking. I have no idea if this works, or if this is just the idea of a study or ongoing research - but I thought I could mention it here. (actually I do not know more than this at the moment, will add facts as I find/get them).

I think I'm going to try it.. I have one soft knee support (an elastic thing left behind from a time of an knee injury) and I'll get another one and try. It's costing some money, but else completely safe..
It would be interesting to hear if someone else in this group feels like trying it too?

Cheers
the Golfnut.