This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

I am Sharon Nichols & have had OT for at least 7 or 8 years. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis about 2 years ago & have been on 2 meds: Orencia infusions & Leflunomide. I have experienced a remission of my OTs entirely!! I just discovered recently while standing in line at the pharmacy that I was not experiencing my usual tremors. Now, mine are different from everyone else's so far as I know. Mine ONLY start if my put my weight on my right leg--always for 30 seconds or under, and they would begin in my right foot, travel up my leg, until my whole body was shaking. I found upon emotional upset, the tremors were much worse! I think mine started in my right leg because I have neuropathy in that leg from a pinched nerve + 3 surgeries at L4-L5. My tremors never ever started with my right foot and ONLY if my full weight was just on my right leg. I know this is different and weird compared to everyone else I have talked to with OTs.

Ok. Here's the big announcement! I stood for 15 minutes or more in line with my weight on my right leg before I realized I wasn't having the tremors. Further, I realized I had NOT HAD them for some time! I was on Orencia over a year, but still had the tremors. And the Orencia had not improved my PsA. After I was put on Leflunomide (25 mg) & was on it for 3 months, it kicked in & my Psoriatic Arthritis improved dramatically. In fact, my fibromyalgia went into remission too! I have had fibro at least since 1983. I called the U.T. Southwestern Motion Center (Neurology) where I used to go until I stopped because there was no effective treatment & spoke to them & told them of my experience & suggested that my doctor there should try a clinical trial using Leflunomide on their OT patients to see if it helps them as it helped me. I gave them my Rheumatologist's phone # & gave them permission to get my records from him to verify my treatment as I stated. I hope they follow up, but in the meantime, you should mention this finding to your Neurologist. It may mean a remission, a treatment, or potentially--even a cure!!

I am providing my email address so you can contact me & I will text you my phone # so we can talk. Please don't hesitate to contact me. I am not a nutcase or a sensationalist. I genuinely am in remission or cured.
<sharonfoxnichols@gmail.com>
I want to add that I feel better than I have felt in 30 years. I am 67, going on 68 in May. I have more energy than I have had in decades and am now going to the gym & walking & biking 2 miles a day, each. I encourage you to tell your doctor. If you email me, I will give you my phone number, which I give you permission to give to your Dr. so s/he can call me should s/he wish to.

I don't do pseudo-science or esoteric home remedies but rely on proven medicine for the treatment of any of my medical conditions.
Sharon
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]